Description: Cartshed Granary at Bank House Farm with Attached Cottages to East
Date Listed: 15 September 1988
English Heritage Building ID: 236682
OS Grid Reference: NU2095505080
OS Grid Coordinates: 420955, 605080
Latitude/Longitude: 55.3393, -1.6712
ACKLINGTON BANK HOUSE
NU 20 NW
at Bank House
Farm, with attached
cottages to east
Cartshed/granary and attached cottages. Cartshed/granary c.1800; cottages
late C19 incorporating c.1800 farmbuilding. c.1800 parts squared roughly-
tooled stone, late C19 parts snecked stone; Welsh slate roofs with yellow
brick stacks. North elevation, to farmyard: Cartshed/granary 3 storeys, 9
windows. Central external stone stair to 1st floor folding boarded doors;
to either side of stair a pair of segmental arches on round piers, with
boarded door on far left and stable door far right. Part-slatted windows
to 1st floor with lower slatted windows above, directly beneath eaves. All
windows with slightly-projecting sills. Steeply-pitched roof; coped gables
with end stacks. Rear elevation shows boarded door and 2 blocked doors and
inserted 4-pane sash on far right; upper-floor fenestration as on north.
Pair of cottages to right, each 2 storeys, 2 bays. Renewed doors; various
sash windows; coped right gables; ridge stack.
Interior: cartshed has axial arcade of 4 round piers carrying spine beam.
Cottages included for group value.
Attached single-storey farmbuildings are not of special interest.
Listing NGR: NU2095505080
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.