Description: Courtyard Cottages Circa 200 Yards West of Tillmouth Park Hotel
Date Listed: 10 March 1988
English Heritage Building ID: 237989
OS Grid Reference: NT8831542756
OS Grid Coordinates: 388315, 642756
Latitude/Longitude: 55.6782, -2.1874
CORNHILL-ON-TWEED A 698
NT 84 SE
(South side, off)
4/22 Courtyard cottages
c.200 yards west
Two cottages, carriage house and dovecote, 1825. Ashlar with Scottish and
Welsh slate roofs. U-plan with long rear range extended further to right.
Rear range has slightly projecting pedimented centre bay with datestone
carved with a quatrefoil and the inscription
C20 glazing in segmental carriage arch beneath. 3-bay section to left has
boarded door and 12-pane sashes. Open cartshed to left with lintel.
Cottage to left: 4 bays with boarded door to left and three 12-pane sashes.
Hipped roof with 2-brick ridge stacks.
Carriage house to right is higher, of 4 bays with boarded double doors in
elliptical arches with keystone. Hipped roof.
To rear of cottage on left a square 2-storey dovecote with 12-pane sash on
ground floor. Pigeon entrances of 6 holes in stone screen with raised
Shallow pyramidal roof.
2nd cottage to rear of carriage house, 3 bays. On north side pointed-arched
door and 2 pointed-arched windows with intersecting glazing bars. On south
side arched doorway and two 2-light mullioned windows with 12-pane sash in
Listing NGR: NT8831542756
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.