If you log in, you can comment on buildings, submit new photos or update photos that you've already submitted.
Description: Cook, Hepple, Steel, Renwick and Crow Headstones Approx 2-8 Yards South of Church of St Andrew
Date Listed: 22 August 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 238543
OS Grid Reference: NZ0924782589
OS Grid Coordinates: 409247, 582589
Latitude/Longitude: 55.1376, -1.8565
NZ 08 SE
4/57 Cook, Hepple, Steel,
Renwick and Crow
headstones approx 2-8
yards south of
Church of St.Andrew
Group of 6 headstones. All sandstone tablets. From right to left:-
1) Ruth Cook. 1793. Scrolled pedimented top with well-carved angel.
Inscription in finely-moulded oval panel.
2) Ruth Hepple. 1786. Scrolled pedimented top framing shell and memento mori.
3) Michael Cook. 1784. Arched top elaborately and finely carved with angel,
festoons and foliage.
4) Margaret Steel. C18. Elaborately shaped top with memento mori.
5) Paul Renwick. 1757. Arched top with angel's head.
6) John Crow. 1765. Shaped top with angel framed by curtains. Good lettering.
Listing NGR: NZ0924782589
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.