If you log in, you can comment on buildings, submit new photos or update photos that you've already submitted.
Description: Scott, Harrison, Carwick and 3 Other Headstones Against West Wall of Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 22 August 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 238895
OS Grid Reference: NZ0763772005
OS Grid Coordinates: 407637, 572005
Latitude/Longitude: 55.0425, -1.8820
STAMFORDHAM THE GREEN
NZ 0772 (West side)
Carwick and 3 other
west wall of Church
of St. Mary
6 sandstone headstones.
1. Ellen Scott. 1809. Scrolled pedimented top and panel carved with swags
and symbols of death and eternity. Bold lettering.
2. Ann Harrison. 1730. Scrolled pedimented top.
3. Name worn. Mid C18. Scrolled pedimented top with tassels, angel, and
symbols of death.
4. John Carwick. Mid C18. Cartouche with scrolled pedimented top, scrolled
side and panel inscribed "Nigh this place lieth ye body of John Carwick barber,
5. A similar well-cut cartouche with angel's head and a shell. Inscription
6. A similar mid C18 stone with scrolled pedimented top, angel and worn
Listing NGR: NZ0763672004
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.