Description: 8 Headstones 5-15 Yards South-East of Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 22 August 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 238900
OS Grid Reference: NZ0768572002
OS Grid Coordinates: 407685, 572002
Latitude/Longitude: 55.0425, -1.8813
STAMFORDHAM THE GREEN
NZ 0772 (West side)
28/414 8 headstones 5-15
yards south-east of
Church of St. Mary
Group of 8 sandstone headstones.
1. William Potts. 1789, Scrolled pedimented top. Angel's head flanked by
angels bearing symbols of eternity. 2 other angels above hold a text.
2. Archibold and Margaret Goodfellow. 1783 and 1789. Scrolled pedimented top
with a crowned angel and symbols of eternity.
3. David Barron. 1769. Shaped and enriched top with cherub and swags.
4. Elizabeth Hall. 1785. Scrolled pedimented top. Sunk panel with enriched
moulding. 2 angels with swags.
5. 1791. Inscription worn. Scrolled pedimented top. Roundel bearing coat
of arms, flanked by symbols of death and eternity.
6. 1761. Inscription worn. Segmental pedimented top with angel.
7. Mary Warton. Mid C18. Scrolled pedimented top with angel.
8. John and Elizabeth White. 1770. Segmental top with skull.
Listing NGR: NZ0768572002
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.