If you log in, you can comment on buildings, submit new photos or update photos that you've already submitted.
Description: 9 Headstones 5-10 Yards East of Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 22 August 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 238901
OS Grid Reference: NZ0768672015
OS Grid Coordinates: 407686, 572015
Latitude/Longitude: 55.0426, -1.8812
STAMFORDHAM THE GREEN
NZ 0772 (West side)
28/415 9 headstones 5-10
yards east of Church
of St. Mary
Group of 9 headstones, all with scrolled pedimented tops and all sandstone.
1. James Hall. 1813. Angel and symbols of death and eternity.
2. Harrison. 1767. Cherub, swags and symbols of eternity.
3. Joseph Dinnin. 1788. Angel and symbols of eternity.
4. Thomson. 1801. A standing angel.
5. John Bell. 1781. Tassels and an angel.
6. Thomas Atkinson. 1792. An angel.
7. Elizabeth Potts. 1792. A sunburst, standing angel and symbols of death.
8. Thomas Weddle. 1796. An angel.
9. Michael Oliver. 1784. An urn, foliage and bold lettering.
Listing NGR: NZ0768672015
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.