Description: The Vicarage
Date Listed: 29 April 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 238998
OS Grid Reference: NZ2113279397
OS Grid Coordinates: 421132, 579397
Latitude/Longitude: 55.1085, -1.6703
STANNINGTON CHURCH LANE
NZ 27 NW
8/93 The Vicarage
Vicarage. 1745 (information from incumbent) with late C19/early C20 west wing
and porch extension of 1910. Squared stone, later parts with ashlar dressings;
Welsh slate roof. L-plan. South elevation 2 storeys, in 2 sections; right
part original house of 2+1+2 bays, with chamfered plinth. Central canted porch
has 4-panel door with overlight in shouldered arch, and narrow flanking windows;
returns with wider windows are linked to broad bay windows with triple sashes;
porch and bays have common cornice and parapet. Half-glazed double doors
within porch, in old opening with keyed lintel. Similar doorway, now blocked,
to left of 1910 extension. 1st floor windows with keyed lintels. Stepped
compound end stacks. To left, gabled end of west wing with triple sashes.
All windows plate-glass sashes in chamfered surrounds. 2-bay left return shows
similar fenestration and later extension to left. Right return shows small
4-pane attic casement.
Various architectural fragments from medieval church in garden at rear.
Listing NGR: NZ2113279397
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.