If you log in, you can comment on buildings, submit new photos or update photos that you've already submitted.
Description: Group of Headstones South of South Transept Approximately 10 Metres North of South Churchyard Wall o
Date Listed: 23 June 1989
English Heritage Building ID: 241820
OS Grid Reference: SK6950533816
OS Grid Coordinates: 469505, 333816
Latitude/Longitude: 52.8973, -0.9682
Explore more of the area around Colston Bassett, Nottinghamshire at Explore Britain.
COLSTON BASSETT NEW ROAD
SK63SE (east side, off)
4/13 Group of headstones
- south of south transept
approx. 10 metres north
of south Churchyard
wall of Church of
Group of headstones. Mid to late C18. Slate. The following 6 are
of listable quality:
1. Tall, shaped, classical with finely cut details to Ann relict of
Charles Church d.1793. Signed 'Wood', Bingham.
2. Tall, shaped, classical, fine detail with a circular panel in head
with vase. To Charles Church d.1791.
3. Small, rectangular with round-faced winged angel. To Mary wife
of Thomas Church d.1757.
4. Shaped, classical with flowing foliage. To Thomas son of Charles
and Ann Church d.1798 aged 21 years.
5. Tall, shaped, classical with flowing foliage to Ann daughter of
Charles and Mary Church d.1800.
6. Rectangular with chamfered-off corners. To Charles Church jun.
Listing NGR: SK6950533816
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.