If you log in, you can comment on buildings, submit new photos or update photos that you've already submitted.
Description: Headstones in Churchyard of Church of St Giles, West of Tower
Date Listed: 23 June 1989
English Heritage Building ID: 241832
OS Grid Reference: SK6844635520
OS Grid Coordinates: 468446, 335520
Latitude/Longitude: 52.9128, -0.9836
Explore more of the area around Cropwell Bishop, Nottinghamshire at Explore Britain.
CROPWELL BISHOP FERN ROAD
SK63NE (north side)
1/24 Headstones in
- Churchyard of
Church of St Giles,
west of tower
Headstones. C18 and early C19. Slate.
1. Rectangular classical to: Robert Porter son of William and Mary
Porter d.1813 aged 3 years. Included for group value.
2. Rectangular with moulded shaped panel and relief crude winged
heads in corners to: Josheph Corner d.1760. Also, Mary
daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Corner d.1761 aged 3 years.
3. Rectangular, to: Joseph Horner d.1784.
4. Shaped with flowing decoration, to: Hannah daughter of Thomas
and Ann Huskinson d.1796 aged 39 years. Signed Wood.
5. Shaped, flowing delicate ornamentation with 2 oval panels to:
Thomas Huskinson d.1795, and Ann wife of Thomas Huskinson d.1796.
6. Broad, rectangular, divided vertically, to: John Huskinson d.1783
and Ann wife of John Huskinson d.1784.
7. Tall, shaped with simple decoration, to: John Waner d.1790.
8. Rectangular with skull and crossbones in corners, to: Grace wife
of John Wane d.1768.
9. Rectangular with round-arched panel, to: Andrew Henson and Ann
his wife, both died 1746.
10. Rectangular, classical, divided vertically to: Mary, daughter of
Andrew and Ann Henson d.1770 in 67 year. Also Joseph son of
Andrew and Ann Henson d.1770 in his 65th year.
11. Large rectangular, classical, divided vertically, to: William
Henson d.1781, and Ann wife of Charles Bosworth d.1776. Signed
Listing NGR: SK6844635520
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.