Description: Brewhouse and Adjoining Bothy and Boundary Wall
Date Listed: 10 July 1975
English Heritage Building ID: 241924
OS Grid Reference: SK6454964698
OS Grid Coordinates: 464549, 364698
Latitude/Longitude: 53.1755, -1.0357
RUFFORD off MAY LODGE
SK 66 SW DRIVE (north side)
6/72 Brewhouse and
and boundary wall
Brewhouse and bothy. Late C19. By John Birch. Converted to
dwelling, c.1980. Ashlar with C20 hipped plain tile roof. Deep
stone bracketed eaves. 2 corniced brick and ashlar ridge stacks.
2 storeys, 5 bays. Windows are leaded cross casements. Main
west front has to right, 3 glazed doors and above, 5 casements.
Above again, central gabled ridge dormer, louvred and with shaped
brackets. Rebuilt c.1980. North side has to right, chamfered
doorway. East side has 6 casements on different levels. South
end has double doorway with segmental head and C20 glazed doors.
Above, central mullioned casement. Adjoining C20 steel and glass
porch forms link to bothy. Bothy, single storey, 2 bays, in
similar style to brewhouse, has to north double cross window and
chamfered doorway. To west, doorway. South side has off centre
doorway flanked to left by cross window and to right by C20
leaded casement. Adjoining garden wall, to east, brick with
ashlar coping, has 2 C19 lean-to brick outbuildings with pantile
Listing NGR: SK6454964698
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.