Description: Magdalen College, Chapel, Great Quadrangle
Date Listed: 12 January 1954
English Heritage Building ID: 244981
OS Grid Reference: SP5208206188
OS Grid Coordinates: 452082, 206188
Latitude/Longitude: 51.7520, -1.2469
SP 5206 SW 10/419G 12.1.54.
Built 1474-80 with the ante-chapel at West facing on to St John's quadrangle.
In 1790 it was re-roofed by James Wyatt. In 1829-34 it was restored by
L N Cottingham and also later in C19 by G F Bodley. Fittings include C15
stalls and C17 stained glass. The buttresses on South were patched in 1910
in Pea Girt stone.
Listing NGR: SP5207806189
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.