Description: New College, North Range
Date Listed: 12 January 1954
English Heritage Building ID: 245038
OS Grid Reference: SP5180906427
OS Grid Coordinates: 451809, 206427
Latitude/Longitude: 51.7541, -1.2508
SP 5106 SE 9/242F 12.1.54.
The Chequer on North west, added to East side of Bursary in 1449 and given
an upper floor circa 1480. In 1675 the upper floor fitted as SCR, which
contains contemporary panelling by Francis Butler and fireplace by "Mr Byrde";
to North of it an addition was made in 1912. The block East of the Chequer
was built 1682-3, the mason being William Byrd; refaced 1928-31. The recessed
block at East end built 1707, William Townesend being mason and George Smith
carpenter, to correspond with South East block.
Listing NGR: SP5180106429
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.