Description: 48, High Street
Date Listed: 12 January 1954
English Heritage Building ID: 245490
OS Grid Reference: SP5188506260
OS Grid Coordinates: 451885, 206260
Latitude/Longitude: 51.7526, -1.2498
SP 5106 SE 9/412 12.1.54.
House and shop. Probably early Cl8 4-storeyed stuccoed front with cellars
and a Welsh slate hipped roof. There is a moulded cornice at the 2nd floor
and a good moulded and modillioned eaves cornice with egg and tongue decoration.
There is an ancient lead rainwater head and pipe in the centre. Upper floors
converted to use of St Edmund Hall in 1930. Mid Cl9 shop.
All the listed buildings on the North Side form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5188506260
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.