Description: Llwyntidmon Mill and Attached House
Date Listed: 21 October 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 256651
OS Grid Reference: SJ2898321025
OS Grid Coordinates: 328983, 321025
Latitude/Longitude: 52.7821, -3.0543
LLANYMYNECH AND PANT C.P. LLWYNTIDMON
SJ 22 SE
6/102 Llwyntidmon Mill and
- attached house
Mill, now disused, and attached house. House. Probably C17, extended
mid-C19 with later additions and alterations. Roughcast timber frame
on high rendered plinth and C19 painted brick; graded slate roof. Original
2-cell plan extended to left to join mill in mid-C19 with further C19
additions to front and right. One storey and attic. C20 metal casements
including to 2 gabled eaves dormers to each side and directly below eaves
to addition linking house with mill. One to ground floor in infilled
C19 segmental-headed opening, small window to left. Entrance through
segmental-headed C20 half-glazed door in C19 addition to left and in
C19 addition to front. Former integral end stack to left of C17 part
and end stacks to C19 additions to front and right. Mill. Mid-C19.
Red brick; slate roof. 2 storeys and gable-lit attic with dentilled
eaves cornice. 4 infilled segmental-headed windows to first floor and
segmental-headed windows alternating with segmental-headed boarded doors
to ground floor. Lower range to left has wide segmental-headed arch
over position of former wheel. Interior. Left ground-floor room of
C17 part of house has twin chamfered spine beams with straight-cut stops.
Large infilled inglenook fireplace; jowled wall posts to centre of room.
Cross wall has timber frame (square panels) exposed. Right room is semi-
basement. Datestone with superscription "1702" reused as step down to
this room. Inspection of mill not possible at time of resurvey (November
1986) but said not to retain any equipment.
Listing NGR: SJ2898321025
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.