Description: Small Stable and Coach House Approximately 50 Metres to South West of the Isle
Date Listed: 27 November 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 259071
OS Grid Reference: SJ4588716733
OS Grid Coordinates: 345887, 316733
Latitude/Longitude: 52.7455, -2.8030
BICTON C.P. -
SJ 41 NE
SJ 4588 1675
6/11 Small stable and coach house
- approx. 50 metres to south-
west of The Isle
Small stable and coach house. Mid-C18. Red brick with plain tile roof.
One storey and loft. Plat band and parapeted gable ends. East front with
blocked segmental-headed wooden cross windows to left and boarded door to
right with segmental relieving arch. Left-hand corner rounded up to loft
level. Left-hand gable end with boarded loft door, ground-floor segmental-
headed door to right, central slatted window and pair of coach house boarded
doors to left with segmental relieving arch. Included for group value.
This was probably formerly the stable and coach house associated with The
Old House or Home Farmhouse (q.v.). Both buildings form part of the group
of farmbuildings to the south-west of The Isle (q.v.), also including a
range of barns dated 1739, a further stable block and a further stable and
coach house dated 1749 (none of which are included on this list).
Listing NGR: SJ4588716733
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.