Description: Chest Tomb and Railed Enclosure Approximately 9 Metres to North of the Remains of the Church of the
Date Listed: 27 November 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 259082
OS Grid Reference: SJ4455315145
OS Grid Coordinates: 344553, 315145
Latitude/Longitude: 52.7311, -2.8225
BICTON C.P. BICTON
SJ 41 NW
5/22 Chest tomb and railed enclosure
- approx. 9 metres to north of
the remains of the Church of
the Holy Trinity
Chest tomb and railed enclosure. Early C19. Grey sandstone ashlar tomb.
Moulded plinth, flanking fluted pilaster strips, raised and fielded side
and end panels, and moulded cornice to chamfered top. Inscription
illegible at time of survey (January 1987). Large wrought-iron railed
enclosure with spearhead railings and square-section standards with
urn finials. The former Church of the Holy Trinity (q.v.), now ruined,
was replaced by a new building in the village in 1887.
Listing NGR: SJ4455315145
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.