Description: Boreton Farmhouse and Attached Stable Blocks
Date Listed: 10 March 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 259334
OS Grid Reference: SJ5119806639
OS Grid Coordinates: 351198, 306639
Latitude/Longitude: 52.6553, -2.7229
SJ 50 NW CONDOVER C.P. -
6/33 Boreton Farmhouse and
- attached stable blocks
Farmhouse. Circa 1782 by John Carline, with later additions and alterations,
principally of mid-C19 and C20. Red brick, double-span slate roof with raised
verges and end stacks. 3-bay farmhouse with 2 attached lower stable blocks.
3 storeys; 3-window front, cross-paned sashes with shaped stone heads to
first floor; mid-C19 canted bay windows on ground floor flank central entrance;
6-panel door with rectangular overlight under Tuscan porch. Attached former
stable blocks considerably altered (especially that on right with extensive
C20 additions) but retain blind elliptical arches to front on ground floor.
V.C.H., VIII (1968), p.35; Howard Colvin, A Biographical Dictionary of
British Architects, 1600-1840 (1978), p.187.
Listing NGR: SJ5119806639
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.