Description: Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 19 March 1951
English Heritage Building ID: 259813
OS Grid Reference: SJ4028034826
OS Grid Coordinates: 340280, 334826
Latitude/Longitude: 52.9075, -2.8894
Church of St Mary
SJ 4034 8/6 19.3.51
Of Norman origin but largely rebuilt and restored in Perpendicular Gothic style
by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1849. The Parish Church. Stone with slate roof.
Nave with aisles, chancel and transepts. Perpendicular west tower with Norman
work in base. Early C14 South chancel chapel with fine Perpendicular timber
roof. Late Perpendicular North chapel. Monument of circa 1300 with effigy
of a knight and tomb chest with effigies of Francis Kynaston (1581) and wife.
Listing NGR: SJ4028034826
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.