Description: Former Stable Block and Coach House Approximately 40 Metres to East of Shooter's Hill
Date Listed: 29 October 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 260008
OS Grid Reference: SJ5073725835
OS Grid Coordinates: 350737, 325835
Latitude/Longitude: 52.8278, -2.7326
SJ 52 NW CLIVE C.P. B 5476 (south-
3/15 Former stable
- block and coach
40 metres to east
of Shooter's Hill
Stable block and coach house. Circa 1830. Red brick with hipped slate
roof. 2 storeys. Eaves band and dentil eaves cornice. Stable block
to right: central octagonal lead-sheathed wooden cupola with depressed-
arches and ogee dome with weathervane. 3 bays; 16-pane glazing bar
sashes with stone lintels and cills, ground-floor sashes removed.
Partly blocked central former carriage entrance with gauged brick depressed
arch, stone hinge blocks and inserted C20 boarded door with overlight;
stable doors with depressed gauged-brick heads to far left and right.
Coach house to left: 2 pairs of large boarded doors to left with continuous
wooden lintel and stone hinge blocks; small segmental-headed panelled
door to left. First-floor 2-light window in left-hand return front.
Interior: stable fittings survive in left-hand part of stable block.
This building seems to have been built in 2 phases (see straight joint
between stable block and coach house and the difference of brick colour);
the stable block was probably built slightly earlier, as a symmetrical
Listing NGR: SJ5073725835
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.