Description: Lostford House Farmhouse
Date Listed: 25 February 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 260228
OS Grid Reference: SJ6246731287
OS Grid Coordinates: 362467, 331287
Latitude/Longitude: 52.8777, -2.5591
HODNET C.P. LOSTFORD
SJ 63 SW
2/74 Lostford House Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Circa 1824. Red brick with some grey sandstone ashlar
dressings. Plain tile roof. 3 storeys. Painted ashlar plinth,
raised eaves band and dentil brick eaves cornice, returning at
ends. Integral brick end stacks with dentil brick bands at base.
1:1:1 bays with central break; 16-pane glazing bar sashes with painted
stone cills and lintels. Central first-floor window in gauged-brick
round-arched recess. Central door with 8 panels (lower 2 beaded flush
and second from top glazed), flanking lozenge-ornamented pilaster strips
with reeded caps and impost band, wreathed radial fanlight and painted
ashlar Tuscan porch with entablature and blocking course. 2-storey
rear wing with integral brick end stack. Interior not inspected.
The L-plan range of farmbuildings at rear (not included on this list)
is dated: "LM / 1824" which is probably also the date of the farmhouse.
Listing NGR: SJ6246731287
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.