Description: Ruewood Farmhouse
Date Listed: 16 September 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 260482
OS Grid Reference: SJ4972227696
OS Grid Coordinates: 349722, 327696
Latitude/Longitude: 52.8444, -2.7479
LOPPINGTON C.P. COMMON WOOD ROAD
SJ 42 NE
10/27 Ruewood Farmhouse
Farmhouse, now house. Mid-C16 extended c.1654 with later additions
and alterations. Timber framed with rendered infill and partial red
brick rebuilding (painted to front); concrete tile roof. Original house
of 2 framed bays, possibly open to roof, extended and converted to 3-
unit baffle-entry plan c.1654; left bay largely rebuilt in brick mid-
C19. One storey and attic. Framing: close studding with long straight
tension brace to C16 part, 3 square panels from cill to wall-plate to
C17 addition with V-struts from collar to right gable end. Late C19
casements to left and right of timber framed porch dated 1654, left
with segmental head; fixed-light window to right; gabled eaves dormers
directly above casements, left C19, right late C20. Position of infilled
2-light window immediately to right of right casement. Porch has C20
outer door and position of infilled windows visible in framing to side
walls. C19 red brick ridge stack immediately in line with porch and
external end stack to left. Interior: inspection not possible at time
of resurvey (January 1986) but noted as having deep-chamfered spine
beam in ground-floor room to right of porch. The remains of a hearth
are said to have been discovered in the room to the left of porch.
Late C19 gabled brick addition at right-angles to rear, extended C20,
is not of special architectural interest.
Listing NGR: SJ4972227696
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.