Description: Stables and Coachouse, About 10 Matres North of Lyngford House
Date Listed: 17 May 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 270563
OS Grid Reference: ST2353526915
OS Grid Coordinates: 323535, 126915
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0365, -3.0919
ST22NW CHEDDON FITZPAINE CP LYNSFORD LANE (East side)
5/54 Stables and Coachouse, about 10
metres North of Lyngford House
Stables and coach house to Lyngford House (qv), now disused. Circa 1840. Squared and coursed red sandstone, Bath stone
dressings, quoins to all openings, slate roofs, coped verges, brick stack right of central gable end on coach house.
L-plan, coach house facing South, stable block the West. Single storey; S bay coach house, central gabled bay
distinguished by quoins, kneelers, circular-light in gable end, Tudor arch headed openings with many paned window left,
inserted centre, doorless opening right. Six bay stable block, all Tudor arch heated openings, square headed double
door with stone infill above in 3 bays left, right bays with inset Tudor arch head, many paned windows, flanking
narrower doorway with many paned light above, damaged door. In poor condition at tine of survey (March 1984).
Listing NGR: ST2353526915
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.