Description: Lamp Post, 30 Yards South West of the Monument
Date Listed: 16 November 1984
English Heritage Building ID: 286812
OS Grid Reference: TQ0942462463
OS Grid Coordinates: 509424, 162463
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3507, -0.4301
TQ 0962 BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE MONUMENT GREEN
10/234 Lamp post, 30 yards
south west of the
Lamp post. Circa 1912. Cast iron , square four legged base with diagonally framed
basket top carrying four legged, tapering standard. Lantern with decorative finial
carried on doubled scroll-work, S-curve arm.
Whiteley Village was provided by William Whiteley of Whiteleys stores for thrifty
old folk and was laid out on an octagonal plan by Frank Atkinson, employing leading
architects of the day.
PEVSNER: BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND, SURREY (1971) pp520-1.
Listing NGR: TQ0942462463
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.