Description: Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 16 November 1984
English Heritage Building ID: 286834
OS Grid Reference: TQ0952064812
OS Grid Coordinates: 509520, 164812
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3718, -0.4280
TQ 06SE BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE OATLANDS AVENUE
4/265 Church of St. Mary
Church. 1862 by Messrs Francis. Rubblestone, coursed on the tower with plain tiled
roofs. Nave and aisle, apsed chancel to the east with chapel to south, and tower
to north west attached to west end of church by a short corridor, vestry addition to
south east. 3 gables to west end, buttressed nave with 2-light deep tracery windows.
Square 3 stage tower with turret to north east corner open to ground floor with
pointed arch over opening and depressed crocketed ogee relieving arch above. 2 stone
dressed, 2-light bell openings in ogee surrounds to each face of top stage, battlements
with angle gargoyles above.
Interior: 5 bay nave arcade on compound piers of quatrefoil section, timber scissor
braced roof. Mosaic apse with tiled chancel floor, marble dado panelling below.
Fittings: early C20 pews and screen. Stone arched, arcaded pulpit, octagonal font.
Listing NGR: TQ0952064812
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.