Description: Church of St Andrew
Date Listed: 19 July 1984
English Heritage Building ID: 287119
OS Grid Reference: SU8876156308
OS Grid Coordinates: 488761, 156308
Latitude/Longitude: 51.2990, -0.7282
SU 85NE CAMBERLEY & FRIMLEY FORMER U.D. STURT ROAD,
7/50 Church of St. Andrew
Church. 1911 by H.R. and B.A. Poulter in Perpendicular Style. Red and brown
brick with stone dressings; plain tiled roof extending in catslides over aisles.
Weatherboarded and wood shingled bellcote and spire to west end. Aisled nave
with transepts and chancel to east. Small, buttressed aisles with 3-light stone
dressed cusped head windows. 2 hipped roof dormers with 3 leaded lights to north
and south sides of nave roof; 4-light Perpendicular east and west windows.
Gabled porch to west with double studded and ribbed doors.
Interior:- 4 bay aisles with braced wooden posts; arched wooden trusses to
nave roof, wood floor, all of good quality workmanship. Stone chancel arch to
east. Early C20 fittings.
PEVSNER:- Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p.248.
Listing NGR: SU8876156308
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.