Description: Ruin of St Mary's Chapel
Date Listed: 19 January 1951
English Heritage Building ID: 293982
OS Grid Reference: TQ7680908266
OS Grid Coordinates: 576809, 108266
Latitude/Longitude: 50.8469, 0.5102
Ruin of St Mary's Chapel
TQ 70 NE 4/230 19.1.51.
Ruins of the Chancel of the C13 to C14 Parish Church of St Mary's, Bulverhythe.
Consisting of 2 blocks of masonry about 12 ft high with a wall about 3 ft high
connecting them. Attached is a tablet saying that the nave and western tower have
been entirely destroyd. The walls incorporate carved stones from the earlier Norman
Church of the same site. Built of stone and flint.
Listing NGR: TQ7680908266
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.