Description: 1-7, Blackhorse Way
Date Listed: 20 May 1949
English Heritage Building ID: 298091
OS Grid Reference: TQ1715030536
OS Grid Coordinates: 517150, 130536
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0622, -0.3296
Nos 1 to 7 (odd)
(formerly listed as
stables to North and
North-West of Manor House)
TQ 1730 1/18B 20.5.49.
Nos 1, 3 & 5, 2 storeys. 8 windows. Red brick. Moulded wooden eaves cornice.
Hipped roof of Horsham slabs. The centre portion, with 2 windows on 1st floor
and 2 coach-house below, projects slightly with pediment over having a clock in
tympanum and a cupola on the roof above. Windows with segmental heads, those on
the 1st floor of east wing enlarged. Doorway with pilasters and projecting cornice
in centre of each wing.
No 7 to the west of the former stables in Blackhorse Way is a block which was formerly
the groom's quarters and, until recently, linked to the stables by a curved flanking
wall. 2 storeys, 6 windows. Red brick and grey headers. Horsham slab roof.
Windows with segmental heads. Sashes, glazing bars missing.
Nos 1 to 7 (odd) form a group with all the listed buildings in South Street and
with The Manor House. Stables to the south and Nos 24 to 3l (consec), Causeway.
Listing NGR: TQ1712230540
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.