Description: Church of Saint Nicholas
Date Listed: 26 February 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 303709
OS Grid Reference: NZ3406662134
OS Grid Coordinates: 434066, 562134
Latitude/Longitude: 54.9527, -1.4696
NZ 36SW BOLDON HEDWORTH LANE
2/50 Church of Saint Nicholas
Parish church. 1882. Ashlar; roof of flat tiles with tile-hung belfry at west
end surmounted by small lead-covered spire. Nave and north aisle of 4 bays,
chancel 2 bays, lady chapel on south side of chancel. Windows and arcades decorated.
East window 5-light stained glass, west window 3-light, all others 2-light plain
leaded glass. Built, some 20 years after the sinking of the shafts at the colliery,
to serve the new community.
Listing NGR: NZ3406662134
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.