Description: Former Prebyterian Chapel (Now Occupied by British Electrical Manufacturing Company)
Date Listed: 17 December 1971
English Heritage Building ID: 304473
OS Grid Reference: NZ2489263801
OS Grid Coordinates: 424892, 563801
Latitude/Longitude: 54.9682, -1.6127
NZ 2463 NE NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE CLAVERING PLACE
23/166 Former presbyterian
17/12/71 Chapel (now occupied by
Chapel, now offices. 1822 by John Green for United Secession Church. English
bond brick with ashlar dressings; felt-covered roof. Basement and 3 storeys;
3 bays. Gothic revival style. 2-storey arched recesses with impost string.
Central inserted loading door under intersecting traceried top light in stone
arch. Tudor: arch in brick to half-glazed office entrance between first and second
bays. Stone Tudor arches and intersecting glazing bars to all windows, with first
floor sill strings filling recesses. Cornice and blocking course. Low-pitched
hipped roof has central ridge ventilator.
Listing NGR: NZ2489263801
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.