Description: Lodges to St John's Cemetery North Entrance
Date Listed: 30 March 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 304542
OS Grid Reference: NZ2257663848
OS Grid Coordinates: 422576, 563848
Latitude/Longitude: 54.9688, -1.6489
NZ 26 SW NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE ELSWICK ROAD
11/230 Lodges to St. John's
cemetery north entrance.
Pair of lodges. Circa 1856; probably by Johnstone and Knowles. Coursed sandstone
rubble with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roofs with overlapping gable copings.
L-plan. One storey, 2 bays to each lodge. Outer bay of each lodge projects under
gable. Shouldered arch to door and overlight in extended porch facing street.
Shouldered heads to windows; canted bay on left return facing drive. 2 pairs of
octagonal chimneys with plinth and coping on west lodge. East Lodge has boarded-up
openings and truncated chimneys.
Listing NGR: NZ2257663848
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.