Description: Dudmore Lodge
Date Listed: 6 March 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 310514
OS Grid Reference: SU2370875463
OS Grid Coordinates: 423708, 175463
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4776, -1.6600
SU 27 NW ALDBOURNE OGBOURNE ROAD
1/54 Dudmore Lodge
Farmhouse, early C19 with fragments of late C16. Brick laced
sarsen rubble with blue vitrified brick facade to east, and painted
and rendered rear elevation. Slate roofs, 2-storey, 3 x 4 bays,
the original structure represented only by moulded spine beam in
left rear room, now kitchen, probably a 2-bay house gable to road.
Entrance now to rear, but principal elevation to east, part glazed
central door in round headed deep reveal, and decorative fanlight.
16-pane sashes, all openings with red brick flush quoining and red
brick gauged flat lintels. Door to left (rear) elevation in 1-
storey porch on Roman Doric columns leading to stair hall. Hipped
roof with wide eaves, and modillions to rear elevation. Date stone
on right elevation facing road, giving family tree of Church
family, and dates 1833 and 1835. The house is on the site of a
hunting lodge of Aldbourne Chase which was enlarged c1580 by
Walrond family. Church family acquired property 1793.
Listing NGR: SU2370875463
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.