Description: Old Rectory
Date Listed: 4 June 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 311027
OS Grid Reference: SU1426158609
OS Grid Coordinates: 414261, 158609
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3264, -1.7967
MANNINGFORD MANNINGFORD ABBOTS
SU 15 NW (west side)
(formerly listed as The
Rectory, now private house. 1812-1827 for Rev. Francis Astley,
incorporating fragments of timber framed building of c1636. Brick
with slate roofs. Two storeys, facade of 5 bays, the centre bay
with 2-storey bow containing entrance. Twelve-pane sashes with
finely gauged brick lintels. Dentilled cornice and parapet.
Return long facade on south side, 5 bays, extended by further 2
slightly set back. All sashes with dentilled cornice. Roofs
hipped. The earlier building had a 2-bay lobby entry plan.
Interior not seen. Panelled shutters to windows.
Listing NGR: SU1426158609
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.