Description: Old Rectory
Date Listed: 4 June 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 311702
OS Grid Reference: SU1657759952
OS Grid Coordinates: 416577, 159952
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3384, -1.7634
PEWSEY CHURCH STREET
SU 15 NE (east end)
13/71 Old Rectory
Rectory, now local government offices. Early C18. Brick with
limestone dressings. Tiled roof. Nine window bays, including 2-
bay projecting wings at ends, and recessed front. Central pair 3-
panel doors within a Roman Doric doorcase leading to large stair
hall in bays 3-5. Raised quoins and plat band. Twelve-pane sashes
with gauged brick flat arches. Various windows on side return, and
stair in bay extending to rear. Also rear wing of single-storey
and attic. Side stacks to left wing and roofs hipped.
Interior: Stair off hall to rear, with twisted balusters. Dado
panelling in hall. Moulded cornice and shutters to courtroom,
formerly dining room, in left wing.
Listing NGR: SU1658659951
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.