Description: Church of the Holy Trinity
Date Listed: 22 July 1977
English Heritage Building ID: 311830
OS Grid Reference: SU1568362928
OS Grid Coordinates: 415683, 162928
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3652, -1.7761
SU 16 SE (west side)
6/193 Church of the Holy Trinity
Anglican chapel of ease, now parish church. 1857-8, by S.S.
Teulon, for Mrs M. Goodman. Brick with slate roof. Nave with apse
and south porch. Lean-to vestry on north. A Romanesque style, the
wall divided into panels by raised chamfered base, pilaster strips
and corbel table. Round headed windows with rebate and continuous
brick hood and string. Surrounds are of mildly contrasting bricks,
chequered in west gable. Around apse, windows multiplied as blind
arcade. Two 2-light west windows with central buttress, and
crowned by bellcote. Stone dressings to doors within porch.
Interior: Nave unplastered. Roof of 6 bays with arch braced
collar trusses. Multi-coloured arch to apse on painted Romanesque
columns. Fittings: Font at west end, gloss painted stone with
heavy intersecting arches. Pulpit of stained soft wood. Simple
low sanctuary rail. Monuments: Five C20 brasses. Over pulpit, a
painted wood dedication board.
Listing NGR: SU1568362928
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.