Description: Boundary Post
Date Listed: 1 July 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 313224
OS Grid Reference: ST8933943575
OS Grid Coordinates: 389339, 143575
Latitude/Longitude: 51.1913, -2.1539
BISHOPSTROW BISHOPSTROW VILLAGE
ST 84 SE
Boundary post. Dated 1840. Cast iron T-shaped post with names of
parishes on each arm; SUTTON VENY on left arm, BISHOPSTROW on right
arm, initials C & M/W below. One of a series of boundary posts
along the Wylye Valley, produced by Carson and Miller a firm of
ironfounders operating in Warminster from 1820.
Listing NGR: ST8933943575
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.