Description: Pump House with Boathouse in Grounds of Bishopstrow House
Date Listed: 11 November 1976
English Heritage Building ID: 313233
OS Grid Reference: ST8972543988
OS Grid Coordinates: 389725, 143988
Latitude/Longitude: 51.1950, -2.1484
BISHOPSTROW WARMINSTER ROAD
ST 84 SE
3/16 Pump House with boathouse in the
grounds of Bishopstrow House
Pump house with boat house to rear. Late C18. Square-panelled
timber framing with brick nogging, the north-west front plastered,
Welsh slate roof. Single-storey. Front facing garden has
round-arched ovolo-moulded wooden doorway with imposts anti
keystone, double wooden doors, either side are boarded-up windows
with square ovolo-moulded wooden architraves. Cornice with
pediment over. Returns and rear have exposed timber framing.
Narrow wet-dock in boathouse. On River Wylye in grounds of C17
Bishopstrow House demolished c.1800 and replaced by present
Bishopstrow House (q.v.) 1817, to north of Warminster Road; the
gardens linked to the latter by tunnel (q.v.) under road.
Listing NGR: ST8972543988
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.