Description: Court House
Date Listed: 29 December 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 313899
OS Grid Reference: ST8561557889
OS Grid Coordinates: 385615, 157889
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3199, -2.2078
ST 5587 7/3 29.12.50.
Circa 1796. 3 storey and basement. Plum-coloured brick on stone plinth up to
ground floor cill level. Stone strings at 1st and 2nd floor cills levels. Stone
frieze, moulded cornice and blocking course with moulded coping. 3 sash windows
to upper floors, the central on 1st floor arched and in arched recess. Glazing
altered. 2 segmental-headed windows, 5 panes wide, with radiating and wreathed
glazing to heads, on ground floor, and 8-panel central door with heavily moulded
panels, segmental fanlight of curved and circular pattern, and narrow side lights
of diamond and rectangular pattern. The bottom panels of door have angle roundels.
2 basement windows. Verandah now removed as also fine wrought iron railings etc.
Nos 51 to 60 (consec) 60A and 61B form a group with No 62 (Castle House) and
Court House. No 51 is of local interest,
Listing NGR: ST8561557889
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.