Description: 12 and 13, Church Walk
Date Listed: 26 November 1976
English Heritage Building ID: 313929
OS Grid Reference: ST8564558036
OS Grid Coordinates: 385645, 158036
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3212, -2.2074
Nos 12 and 13
ST 8558 5/29
Remodelled 1846. 3 storey bath ashlar corner block, 3 windows to Fore Street,
4 Church Walk. The Fore Street front has a listel cornice and blocking course,
corner pilasters, and band below 2nd floor mitred over corner pilaster. Glazing
bar sash windows, single hung on 2nd floor, tripartite to sides of 1st floor and
round-headed in centre. Mid-late C19 shop front with recessed central entrance
and fascia brackets. Church Walk front: a smaller shop front with a doorway under
common fascia, tripartite window to left and a further door to far left, 1st floor
right hand window blocked, as also 2 of the 2nd floor windows. Band below 2nd
floor, mitred over corner pilasters. Stone brackets to gutter. Hipped pantile
roof. Stone lamp [C20] bracket in centre of 1st floor.
Nos 2 to 7 and 11 to 13 (consec) Church Walk, together with St James's Parish Church
the listed tombs, the Old Vestry Rooms and Nos 46 to 48 (consec) Fore Street form
a group. Nos 2 and 7 Church Walk are of local interest.
Listing NGR: ST8564858035
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.