Description: 24 and 25, the Halve
Date Listed: 29 December 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 314041
OS Grid Reference: ST8590058221
OS Grid Coordinates: 385900, 158221
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3229, -2.2037
(North East Side)
Nos 24 and 25
ST 8558 5/61 29.12.50.
Circa 1790s. 3 storey and basement. Bath stone on stepped plinth. Strings at
1st and 2nd floor levels. Listel moulding over 2nd floor windows. Plain frieze,
moulded cornice and blocking course. Angle pilasters, whole height with cornice
broken forward over. Glazing bar sash windows. 2 pairs of coupled windows with
narrow frames to upper floors. 2 windows, 4 panes wide, two 3-panel doors in outer
corners, each with doorcase of pilasters, broken entablature, open moulded cornice
and open pediment, on ground floor. Doors approached by 4 moulded stone steps.
Contemporary rails, with dog rails to basement gates. 2 half-glazed basement doors.
Cast lead rain water pipe in centre.
Nos 23 to 29 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: ST8589958223
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.