Description: Lending Library
Date Listed: 1 June 1976
English Heritage Building ID: 314052
OS Grid Reference: ST8540858070
OS Grid Coordinates: 385408, 158070
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3215, -2.2108
ST 8558 4/290 1.6.76. Lending Library
1913, Bankers' Georgian, 3 storeys and cellar mansion in style of Nos 46 and 64
Fore Street. One time Usher's Brewery H.Q. then Council Offices. Brick with rustic
stone basement; stone dressings. 2nd floor cill band, modillion cornice and balustrade.
2 bays set back from main 4 bay section. The former have fill height bow over
entrance with rusticated Ionic doorcase and segmental hood; rusticated doorway
with quadrant recessed jambs and semi circular overlight. Above entrance is a
tripartite window with rusticated columns to pedimented centre light; tripartite
window on 2nd floor with Gibbs surround. Casement windows with eared architraves
on 2nd floor, Gibbs surrounds 1st and ground floors, 1st floor with segmental hoods,
ground floor pedimented.
Listing NGR: ST8540858070
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.