Description: Kitchener's Arms
Date Listed: 29 December 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 314057
OS Grid Reference: ST8538058050
OS Grid Coordinates: 385380, 158050
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3214, -2.2112
ST 8558 4/32 29.12.50.
Early C18. Formerly called "King of Prussia" from the 7 years war. Once perhaps
more than 1 dwelling. 3 storeys. Stone rendered. Projecting plinth, moulded
string over ground and 1st floor windows. Moulded eaves cornice to tented double
roman tile roof with crested ridge. Glazing bar sashes with brackets to cills,
wooden on ground floor. 3 coupled windows and 3 single, alternating on upper floors.
3 coupled windows and 3 doors, alternating on ground floor. The left hand and
central doors 6-panel, with upper panels glazed, the right hand door 4-panel.
The central door in stone architrave with console brackets supporting cornice and
segmental pediment. The outer doors in architraves with flat moulded stone heads
lining with string, supported on stone scroll brackets. The 1st floor window in
3rd bay from right (over central door) has plain surround with cornice and pediment
on console brackets. The return to Wicker Hill has same general design with gable,
and 1 window. Glazing altered to ground floor windows. Gable lit attic to north.
Single storey extension to west with modern bay on south side. 3 brick chimneys
to rear, the central window with gable.
Listing NGR: ST8538058050
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.