Description: 50 and 51, Stallard Street
Date Listed: 26 November 1976
English Heritage Building ID: 314152
OS Grid Reference: ST8530557904
OS Grid Coordinates: 385305, 157904
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3201, -2.2122
(South East Side)
Nos 50 and 51
ST 8557 6/374
Circa 1878 probably by William Smith. (the local architect). 3 storeys ashlar
with decoration relating to Nos 52-57. 2 ranges of windows. Bends to 1st and
2nd floor cills, side pier to right, cornice and blocking course. Asbestos tiled
roof with coped verges to left, hip to right and small dormer to left. Wide casement
windows set in recesses with raised cills on 2nd floor, with acanthus string at
head level. 1st floor windows segmental headed with keys and acanthus string just
below impost level. Contemporary stone shop front with 2 doorways. 5 pilasters
and dentil cornice to fascia.
Nos 50 to 58 (consec), workshop at rear of No 58, entrance screen principal Factory
and Handle House at Studley Mills form a group.
Listing NGR: ST8530557904
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.