Description: Four Monuments in the Churchyard Between 3 and 8 Metres South of Porch of Church of St James
Date Listed: 14 June 1988
English Heritage Building ID: 314652
OS Grid Reference: ST8325664770
OS Grid Coordinates: 383256, 164770
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3817, -2.2420
ST 86 SW SOUTH WRAXALL UPPER WRAXALL
4/206 Four monuments in the churchyard
between 3 and 8 metres south of
porch of Church of St James
Group of four chest tombs. One C17, three are C18. Limestone.
C17 tomb to north of group has plain north panel and two south
panels with large high relief-carved lozenges, end panels also with
lozenges, cyma-moulded. flat top. Tall late C18 tomb to south has
moulded plinth, three fielded panels to sides, scrolled carved
corners, moulded cornice. South east tomb has two shield-shaped
moulded panels, pulvinated and moulded flat top. East of group has
two fielded panels, quarter balusters to corners, fluted frieze to
flat top. All with illegible inscriptions, except for east tomb;
inscription to Thomas Tidcombe died 1783.
Listing NGR: ST8325664770
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.