Description: The Red House
Date Listed: 20 December 1960
English Heritage Building ID: 315482
OS Grid Reference: ST9166368591
OS Grid Coordinates: 391663, 168591
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4163, -2.1213
LACOCK CHURCH STREET
4/48 No 13 (The Red House)
House, dated 1778, red brick and stone dressings. Plain-tiled
mansard roof with stone slate verges. Rubble stone end walls.
Originally regular 2-storey-and-attic, 3-window range with end
walls stacks, extended in matching style to 4-window range in 1926.
Coped gables, east end stack inscribed W. Webb 1778. Three gabled
dormers. Ashlar plinth, rusticated quoins, raised band, eaves
cornice and moulded window architraves. Original house has paired
12-pane sashes each side, single 16-pane sash to centre over 6-
panel door in similar architrave with hood on brackets. Left side
addition has paired 12-pane sashes to each floor. Tudor-arched
fireplace in room to left of entrance.
Listing NGR: ST9166668593
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.