Description: The Tanyard
Date Listed: 7 January 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 315484
OS Grid Reference: ST9170368624
OS Grid Coordinates: 391703, 168624
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4166, -2.1207
LACOCK CHURCH STREET
4/50 Nos 1 to 3 (consec)
Parish workhouse, now 3 houses, 1833, squared rubble stone with
flush ashlar dressings, slate low-pitched roofs, coped gables and
end stacks. Three-storeys, T-plan with 2-light leaded chamfered
mullion windows, 3-window range each side of 2-window projecting
central section. Left wing has ground floor door with broken hood
on brackets to right. Right wing has similar door with stone slate
hood on brackets in mirror position to left, and an inserted door
in first floor centre window reached by outside wooden steps.
Central section has end lean-to with 2-window range above, the left
windows both blank. Left side wall has 2-light windows to upper
floors but ground floor 16-pane sash and door with stone slate hood
on brackets. Right side wall is similar but left window on each
upper floor is blank and ground floor has 12-pane sash, similar
door and 16-pane sash.
Listing NGR: ST9170368624
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.