Description: Two Monuments About 9 Metres West of South Aisle of Church of St Cyriac
Date Listed: 7 January 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 315489
OS Grid Reference: ST9168768563
OS Grid Coordinates: 391687, 168563
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4160, -2.1209
LACOCK CHURCH STREET
4/55 Two monuments about 9m west of
south aisle of Church of St Cy
Two chest tombs, about 1.5m apart, C18, ashlar. One, mid C18, has
north side oval plaque with foliage scrolls each side and angle
piers with drapery drop, 2 shield plaques to south divided by piers
with foliate decoration and shield end plaques. Moulded base and
cornice, pulvinated frieze. The other, late C18 has low relief
carved slab sides, baluster corners and moulded base and cornice.
Fluted frieze with rosettes. North side draped plaque flanked by
floral drops, inscription to C. Pettifor d ?1823. South side oval
plaque in laurel frame flanked by 2 urns.
Listing NGR: ST9168568570
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.