Description: Feilding Monument in Churchyard East of Chancel of Church of St Cyriac
Date Listed: 7 January 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 315499
OS Grid Reference: ST9172968571
OS Grid Coordinates: 391729, 168571
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4161, -2.1203
LACOCK CHURCH STREET
4/65 Feilding monument in churchyard
east of chancel of Church of
Sarcophagus, c1840, single Portland stone block in form of neo-
classical sarcophagus. Finely detailed moulded base, Greek Doric
frieze and dentil cornice under capstone scrolled at each end.
Inscription to Rear Admiral Charles Feilding (1780-1837). Around
is boldly scrolled cast-iron railing, apparently a later C19
replacement for plainer rails. Admiral Feilding was step-father of
W.H. Fox-Talbot of Lacock Abbey.
Listing NGR: ST9172968571
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.