Description: Group of Three Monuments in Churchyard About 3 Metres South West of Porch of Church of St Martin
Date Listed: 25 November 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 316150
OS Grid Reference: ST9796972998
OS Grid Coordinates: 397969, 172998
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4560, -2.0306
BREMHILL BREMHILL VILLAGE
ST 97 SE
8/26 Three monuments in churchyard about
3m south west of porch of Church of
Three chest tombs, C18, ashlar. From north west:
a) Unidentified mid C18 monument, with large oval south plaque
with scroll decoration flanking. Two raised shaped north
plaques on decorated ground, scroll decorated centre and angle
piers. East end has floral drop to piers. South side
inscription, half-buried to William, son of William --.
b) Unidentified monument about lm south east of a), mid C18 with
two shield plaques each side, fielded angle piers and decorated
pier normally in centre placed adjoining left angle pier on
each side. Moulded base and cornice. Inscriptions to ---,
wife of Peter Lane(?) died 1741 and to Peter Lane(?) died 1748.
c) T. Wiltshire monument, about lm south of b), mid C18, with two
shield plaques each side, fluted piers to centre and angles,
moulded base and pulvinated frieze broken forward over piers.
South side has scroll decorated centre pier and inscription to
Thomas Wiltshire, died 1852.
Listing NGR: ST9796972998
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.