Description: Iles and Lawrence Monuments in Churchyard Flanking Path to South of Porch of Church of St Laurence
Date Listed: 25 November 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 316363
OS Grid Reference: SU0199275318
OS Grid Coordinates: 401992, 175318
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4768, -1.9727
HILMARTON CHURCH ROAD
SU 07 NW
6/236 Iles and Lawrence monuments in
churchyard flanking path to south
of porch of Church of St Laurence
Two chest tombs, early C19 and mid OS, ashlar. From west:
a) Ann Iles monument, c1800, with baluster angles and low relief
framing to plaques, rococo style, urns in upper angles of south
side, vases with floral sprays each side of north plaque.
South inscription to Ann lies died 1800.
b) Lawrence monument, mid C18 with two shield plaques each side,
scrolled decoration to centre and angle piers, moulded base and
capstone. North inscription to Ann Lawrence.
Listing NGR: SU0199275318
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.