Description: Row of Four Lawrence Family Monuments in Churchyard About 10 Metres North East of Chancel of Church
Date Listed: 25 November 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 316367
OS Grid Reference: SU0201975351
OS Grid Coordinates: 402019, 175351
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4771, -1.9723
HILMARTON CHURCH ROAD
SU 07 NW
6/240 Row of four Lawrence family
monuments in churchyard about 10m
north east of chancel of Church
of St Laurence
Four chest tombs, later C18 to early C19, ashlar. From north:
a) William Lawrence monument, later C18, low plain tomb with slab
top and inscription to W. Lawrence, died 178-.
b) Richard Lawrence monument, early C19, with baluster angles,
slab sides and low relief oval south plaque to R. Lawrence died
c) Mary Lawrence monument, early C19, with baluster angles, slab
sides and south side inscription to M. Lawrence, died 1801,
floral drop each side.
d) William Lawrence monument, early C19, with baluster angles,
slab sides and two plain south plaques, one inscribed to W.
Lawrence died 1834.
Listing NGR: SU0201975351
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.